Tuesday, December 27, 2011

GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS


We made gingerbread houses at Chase's School. The one on the left is Chase's, the one in the middle is Maddi's, and the one on the end is mine. I am bummed because I left my camera at home and didn't get any photos of us making them. It was a lot of fun though. Maddi went crazy with the candy. She would not stop getting candy to put on her house. She loved it. Chase only cared about making a Christmas tree and a snowman. It was a lot of fun.


We set up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. I am still slightly bitter about having a fake tree, but it is almost a must over here. I just have to say we made it longer with a real tree than some people that moved here from Oregon last year. Maddi and Chase were very excited to set it up. Christmas was so much fun this year. Both kids were very into it.


Chase really wanted to help so I told him to go and separate the branches. He did it in such a funny way. It was adorable.


Ethan let Chase help put the top of the tree on. He was barely able to lift it up, but he did it.


We decided to let Maddi put the star on top of the tree this year. She was sitting on Ethan's shoulders while he untangled the cord.


She sure tried to put it up there, but just wasn't tall enough. In the end Ethan did it.


Usually Chase is under the tree with Ethan, but this year Maddi was so excited and Chase was all into the ornaments.


Chase hanging his first ornament. We always start by having the kids hang the ornament they got the year before.


Maddi hanging her ornament.


Ethan hanging his.


This ornament is always a hit with the kids. I have a photo of Chase doing this exact thing.


Me hanging my first ornament.


Can you tell this is Madison's section of the tree. I love how at this age, the kids put all the ornaments in one place.

No comments: