Wednesday, December 22, 2010
THIS YEAR SUCKS
So, I just found out that nobody is coming over for Christmas dinner. After feeling so homesick on Thanksgiving because we didn't plan anything, and got screwed over by our "friends," we decided to try and pull something together for Christmas. It helps us to not feel as homesick if we have people over. We have figured out that if we don't plan something, we are alone because we won't get invited anywhere. It is better to plan something and take out the stress of wondering if anybody will invite us. We invited two families over for Christmas dinner, and both told us today that they can't make it. I do have to say that they both wanted to come. One of the families is sponsoring someone, and they decided to have them over rather than let that family stay in the hotel for Christmas. The other family has a cousin coming to town. It still is hard to know that we are having Christmas dinner alone. Now I can't decide if we should cook that amount of food when it will only be me and Ethan eating. Chase pretty much hates food, so he won't touch any of it. Madison will eat the stuffing, but that is a given since she will eat most carbs. The girl is not a fan of meat. Most days I love Germany and I am so greatful for our chance to live in Europe. It is amazing to be able to travel from such a central location. We have a lot of fun trips planned this year. But even though I love it here, it is days like today that I just want to move back to the States. We still have at least 4 more years, so I need to get used to things like this happening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment